(Closed) Platform Engineering Manager
We're looking for a talented and passionate Engineering Sr. Manager to join Wildlife's IT Operations in Argentina.
As an Engineering Sr. Manager, you'll need to lead the design and supervise the process of building complex distributed systems, aiming for performance, extensibility, usability and developer experience. You'll be responsible for making decisions about some of our most significant platform design themes, such as when to build sustainable, high-impact projects and when to ship things quickly and with quality. You'll play a fundamental role in making our devs be as productive and efficient as possible, and helping Wildlife to scale faster and better than ever, working closely with other leaders to improve our systems and processes.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, highly knowledgeable and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- On a daily basis:
- Participate in and guide the development of systems focusing on your customer (mainly other Wildlife engineering teams).
- Guarantee the team engineers' happiness and productivity.
- Attract and retain talent.
- On a weekly basis:
- Conduct 1:1s with your team leaders.
- Plan team activities and resource allocation.
- Report status to the director.
- On a quarterly basis:
- Set the team's goals aligned with the company's OKRs.
- Set product vision and roadmap
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Previous software development professional experience.
- Experience designing and building complex software systems.
- Experience managing teams of at least 5 people.
More about you
- Team focused. You believe in influencing through developing relationships over exercising authority. You always look for improving your team's health, for example, by balancing operational responsibilities with development.
- Technically skilled. You have deep knowledge about systems design and have built a career focused on studying how to design, maintain and monitor highly scalable systems. You are happy when you contribute to planning and design discussions.
- Having the best engineers is key to scaling. We look for leaders that thrive when hiring the best engineers and promoting their growth. You believe in providing continuous, thoughtful feedback and in recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.