We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Engineer in Developer Technology, to join Wildlife's Developer Technology (DevTech) team.
As a Senior Engineer in DevTech, you will architect and implement tools and technologies (systems, shared code modules, sdks) to be integrated into all of our games. You will take part in listening to the needs of various game teams to understand what tools and technologies will best help their development processes. You will detail problems that exist as well as proposed solutions for these problems. You will write Technical Design documents in order to get buy-in and input before proceeding with implementation. You will implement proposed solutions under the mentorship of Technical Directors. You will release versions of tools and technologies and respond to bugs, feedback, and requests.
One of the central pillars of the company strategy is being able to develop outstanding products with small core teams and this is only possible by having the technology produced by the DevTech team. This technology allows the the game teams to focus mainly in the game core's experience, while using tools, systems, shared code modules provided by the DevTech team to build parts of the games that are common to many different projects
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Be part of a team of engineers developing shared Tools and Technologies to improve the development efficiency, quality and productivity of our game teams;
- Write Technical Design Specifications which include:
- Problem statement, with guidance from various game teams, developers, artists, designers
- One or more proposed solutions;
- Expected outcomes of each solution;
- Any additional specifics that will allow for leadership and dev teams to understand the proposed solutions and give buy-in;
- Implement Tools and Technologies from your own and other Technical Design Specifications
- Package and release versions of Tools and Technologies;
- Advise game teams that are using shared Tools and Technologies;
- Support and solve any issues that game teams have related to shared Tools and Technologies;
- Listen for feedback from various game teams and propose additional features, tools, and technologies based on this feedback;
- Follow the guidance and leadership of Technical Directors.
More about you
- From your experiences as either a tools developer or a game engineer, you have developed an understanding of what good tools and technologies are. You can give various examples of what tools you have developed, worked with, or witnessed that have improved game development on titles you have shipped;
- You have both broad and deep knowledge of various game systems and architectures. You may not be a specialist in everything, but can quickly adapt to new problems, new systems, new technologies, new codebases;
- You can articulate well, in both written and verbal form. This includes organizing what you are presenting so that it is easily understood by others;
- You are passionate about quality and structure in your work. You strive to constantly improve what you have done, making your tools and technologies more robust, efficient, and easier to use and understand.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- Shipped Unity mobile games
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at [email protected].