Associate QA Programmer
WB Games Montréal, a division on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Quality Assurance Software Developer. The QA Software Developer creates and maintains software systems which support the testing and development of blockbuster games released under the WB Games brand.
- Design and develop features for one of the most powerful videogame test automation systems.
- Support games being developed around the world, across multiple WB studios.
- Join a team of five developers, plus dedicated QA.
- Develop a variety of applications across architectural layers : UI, web and windows services, and database.
- Design and build automated / back-end solutions that communicate with latest consoles (PS4, XboxOne, Nintendo Switch) for a multitude of game projects
- Develop web based and desktop UI/Dashboard and custom web services
- Contribute to the design and development of SQL Databases
- Work primarily in a Microsoft Ecosystem (Visual Studio, .NET, C#, C++, MVC, MSSQL)
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or similar game engines.
- Design, develop and maintain software systems and web services, including automated/back-end applications (75% of the time)
- Participate in Code Review with other members of the QA Development team and shares knowledge of best practices and coding standards (15% of the time)
- Document, communicate and train the QA staff or any other stakeholder on the tools developed (5% of the time)
- Perform other tasks needed to support the QA department (5% of the time)
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 1-3 years video game and/or software development experience.
- 1-3 years experience with C#.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. in Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general and video-games in particular.
- Experience with development best practices such as source control, continuous integration, unit testing, design patterns and agile development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Solid background developing .NET applications (.NET 4.x +) in C# including distributed systems, windows services, client/server system, multithreaded systems.
- Working knowledge on front-end technology (ASP.Net MVC, Entity Framework, HTML5/CSS3, WPF).
- Knowledge of SQL Database design and implementation.
- Ability to design and write efficient and robust distributed back-end applications used on an automated system.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of video game development industry.
Nice To Have
- Experience developing automated / back-end solutions.
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Unreal engine / scripting.
- Experience developing/testing for Xbox or Sony AAA titles
- Technologies/Platforms – Web services, SOAP, XML, JQUERY, JSON, RESTFul interfaces, scripting langage (PowerShell, Batch, Python)
- Usage of source control repository (Perforce).
- Knowledge of the different test tools of the market (Jira).
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.