Senior Network Programmer, Games
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We got our start in the PC, Super Nintendo and Genesis era of gaming, rode the educational CD-ROM wave through the 90’s, and eventually found our way back onto handhelds and consoles. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
WayForward Technologies is looking for a mid to senior level network programmer. This position will specialize in design and architecture of online/multiplayer system as well as game side object syncing.
- Design multiplayer system based on game design.
- Work with gameplay programmers to plan and implement object syncing across different networking evironments.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines, production/design/engineering, to determine game requirements.
- Clearly communicate concerns and intentions to managers.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of shifting paradigms and techniques involving all aspects of online multiplayer gaming.
- 4+ years professional experience within the game industry.
- Professional experience in network/multiplayer game programming using C, C++ or C#.
- Knowledge of low level network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- Experience developing on any of the following consoles: Switch/PS4/XB1.
- Experience developing with Unity and/or UE4.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full time, onsite position.