Senior Art Development Director
Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Wave is looking for a Senior Art Development Director to lead our Creative team to craft interactive virtual concert experiences featuring some of today’s biggest recording artists. As the studio’s Art Development Director, you will be responsible for managing and delivering high quality art assets from both internal and outsourced teams. In addition, you will work with the Lead Tech Artist to establish and maintain a robust art asset workflow and pipeline, providing inspirational leadership, and collaborating with creative leaders to further develop the look and feel of our virtual concerts in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Set direction for multiple teams, organizing cross-team goals and projects.
- Represents goals, metrics, and successes to senior leadership for all teams reporting into this manager.
- Works with product managers and stakeholders in development and execution of multiple teams' roadmaps.
- Responsible for growing team resources and capabilities for Art asset creation on all initiatives and shows
- Manage all aspects of art outsourcing including vetting new resources, managing bids and budgets, establishing and maintaining workflow and pipelines, and ensuring top quality
- Plans and executes changes to team staffing in service of company goals: identifying gaps, defining roles, and managing team size.
- Responsible for the growth, development, and support of artists across multiple disciplines via performance reviews, performance management, promotions, and career planning
- 5+ years in lead artist or director position for AAA video games or other creative media
- Experience managing external outsource art asset creation
- Excellent ability to establish, effectively communicate, and maintain artistic vision for several projects at once
- Experience with leading game engine such as Unity, Unreal, or similar engine. Shipped titles a plus.
- Ability to discuss and dissect creative concepts at deep level
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Ability to manage teams, and cultivate team members’ professional and create growth
- Experience leading an art department and being able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Strong passion for all things related to music, art, gaming, and live performance (as well as having excellent taste!)
- Ability to analyse different visual aesthetics and translate them into a live 3D interactive experience
- Deep knowledge of video game or real-time 3D production pipelines and processes
- Obsession with the latest trends in 3D interactive art production tools and techniques
- Experience developing and art directing characters, environments, and props