UX/UI Designer (New Product)
Wargaming MS-1 studio is looking for a UX/UI Designer to work on an exciting new multiplayer hero shooter with a third-person view targeting a worldwide mobile audience.
Our game is built on a game as a service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come and use some elements of MOBA gameplay.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will work on the overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production, propose solutions to translate game design intentions into usable and memorable graphical user interfaces.
MS-1 is Wargaming’s premier mobile development studio behind World of Tanks Blitz, a renowned cross-platform shooter, and World of Warships Blitz, a mobile naval combat game, with games in portfolio boasting over 160 million downloads.
MS-1 is a multi-site studio with primary locations Vilnius, Minsk, Moscow, Shanghai, and Berlin. Its international, multicultural team comprises more than 360 professionals of various backgrounds and experience across all disciplines, including development, publishing, and operations.
This cultural diversity helps deliver games that click with different audiences around the globe. The recently opened office in Vilnius housing the continuously growing team developing two unannounced action/shooter projects, including new IP, MS-1 is set to expand its portfolio with new exciting titles.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so the role of UX/UI Designer includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Create wireframes, flows, logic trees for player experience and menus
- Create Prototypes and documentation
- Translate game ideas into reality through user interface while utilizing all the strengths of the mobile platforms
- Work closely with UI artists and engineers to deliver the best possible consistent user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements
- Communicate concepts and designs to stakeholders in your team and key decisions makers
- Own, design and implement UI-based features, improving the player experience through usability and immersion
What are we looking for?
- Background in HCI/UX Design/Graphic Design/Interaction Design or related area. 3+ years’ experience in video game industry as a UX/UI Designer with a strong portfolio that includes recent gaming examples
- Basic knowledge of programming/scripting, general understanding of technical issues related to game development, particularly in terms of game engine/editors such as Unreal Engine, Unity etc.
- Solid grasp of ergonomic principles applied to game development
- Skilled in prototyping and rapid iteration based on feedback received; proficient in prototyping tools such as Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator (or any other software for creating functional flowcharts, wireframes or mock-ups)
- Experienced in delivering games built for varied cultures, languages and accessibility channels
- Intermediate of higher level of English: enough to pass job interview, enough to participate in daily meetings and discussions with English-speaking colleagues in the team
- Motivated by learning new internal tools and not discouraged by regular changes
- TEAM PLAYER with a resilient and positive attitude
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!