Head of Operations - Blitz
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 360 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
You will be in charge of all operations at Blitz, the new gaming platform launched by Voodoo:
- Regulation and compliance: prioritizing and opening new states and countries, dealing with local authorities and legal advisors, getting gambling licenses if need be
- Setting-up payment infrastructure: identifying user-friendly payments (pay-in and pay-out) solutions, dealing with service providers, optimizing user flows
- Running payment infrastructure: monitoring metrics, executing operations through automated systems and/or dedicated teams
- Setting up and monitoring the KYC / AML policies and processes
- Fraud - design and implement fraud detection systems based on big data, implement limits and other mitigation processes
- Customer Support: define customer support processes, implement tools (Q&A, chatbot, live chat, shared email, phone) and automate user flows; run the customer support team
- Growing the team to 10-15 FTEs over time (Customer Support, Legal, Payments, Fraud)
What do we expect?
- 5 years experience with mix of operations and fintech and/or gambling
- Ideally mix of business and legal education
- Top school, strong drive and ambition
- Management experience