We exist so that everybody can express themselves through sound, so that every experience is amplified. To do that, we build expressive, immersive audio tools that make it easy for anyone to create a unique sonic identity or interact with others via sound in a personal way. We create sounds that can take people anywhere. That allows them to become anyone or anything. But more than anything else, we help people sound more like themselves – than ever before.
Voicemod has become the go-to companion for gamers looking to take the online gaming experience to another level, and for content creators who want to enhance their personalities and captivate their audiences. It's also great for conferencing and voice communication, allowing you to react and express yourself in a way that makes every conversation more immersive.
Having been in the audio tech game for over 10 years, we’re the leading brand in real-time voice and audio modulation. We currently have over 3 million users per month in over 200 countries.
Working at Voicemod means:
Putting people first:
That means creating delightful audiovisual experience for people and building a culture that our team, our creators and our communities love.
Staying in tune:
We pay attention to what's going on in the world we live in, keeping an open mind, staying on the pulse, taking on feedback and acting upon it accordingly.
Taking play seriously:
We like to find the fun in everything we do, and to find new ways to create experiences that people truly enjoy.
Following your rhythm:
We trust in each other's skills and experience and encourage everybody who works at Voicemod to work in the way that best suits them.
Mastering our sound:
We strive to be the best in everything we do, pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
Sounds like you?
We’re a diverse, multidisciplinary team of over 80 people mostly based in Valencia (Spain). What we share is a passion for putting people first, a desire to listen closely to the world around us, and a knack for finding the fun in everything we do. We welcome people from all backgrounds who share these values, who seek the opportunity to help build the perfect company and a quality product that enables us all to “amplify ourselves”.
About The Role:
In the Engineering department, we are looking for a Software Quality Engineer whose mission will be to take over the whole QA cycle, setting and incorporating it into our Agile Product Development processes, moving forward with automation, and becoming a leader that maintains the quality and consistency of our apps testing them not only internally but also with our global user community.
What You'll Do
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and design the functional tests.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design and develop functional tests and integrate them into CI.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs. Excel at triaging severity.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet product requirements.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify automation system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts make them available to the company through dashboards and reports.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies and a wider range of devices and platforms (Mobile, Web and Desktop).
- Create, manage and become the master of a Zero Bug Policy
- Provide QA training and guidance to our developers in order to improve our tech team skills.
- Liaise with the Support team to understand, capture and triage problems reported by the Community and facilitate issue resolution to the developers.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Product team about relevant user feedback and insights.
- Know your audience and understand the product to consider every aspect that has to be tested (functionality, UI, UX, performance, security, etc...)
What You'll Need
- English Intermediate level: can read, write and talk fluently.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or similar QA roles
- Ability to code automated - mainly functional - tests
- Proficient in different testing tools as Selenium and Appium (mainly) but ideally MonkeyTalk, SeeTest, UI Automator, Espresso, TestCafe, Squish, Cypress or similar.
- Proficient in Python or similar programming languages.
- Proven experience with Jenkins, GitLab or similar CI systems.
- Proficient with Git, Unix/Linux commands.
- Familiarity with product development lifecycles, CI/CD and highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product development cycles.
- Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of a wide range of software testing methods like smoke, functional, regression, system, integration, and exploratory tests
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the projects you work on.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: The art of telling a negative, such that another person treats it as positive is the key.
- A true passion for Voicemod mission, our products, and the company's technology and content nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- You have a very, very high level at English (Native even better).
- If you’re a Super Techie, always being up to date in terms of innovation
- If you’re a Sound and Music Geek
- If you’re an eGames (or other streaming channels) lover
- If you worked with Agile methodologies before and if you have a real Lean mindset
- If you’re a tech visionary who’s always reading and sharing new cool stuff.
If you join our team, you'll enjoy…
- Flexible working hours.
- Possibility of working remotely.
- English or Spanish classes.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Christmas and New Year´s Eve off.