At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We’re seeking a Tools Engineer for our Novato, CA location. You’re passionate about developing deep, high-quality interactive tools used by all disciplines of game development for the creation, visualization, integration, release and testing of game content.
The Tools Group focuses on developing and maintaining custom tools to support our art team in their development of NBA 2K’s environments, graphical user interface, animations, and characters. Most of the tools are written in C# using WPF with the NBA 2K game engine used for rendering.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the art, design, and engineering teams to author and maintain internal tools for the NBA 2K development team.
- Help improve the stability and performance of existing tools with manual and automated testing, scripting, and profiling/optimization.
- Improve the tool development process by refactoring existing modules and writing new code with best industry practices.
- Author documentation that helps our internal users understand new and existing tool workflow and features.
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of industry experience
- Strong C++ & C# skills
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Able to write clean, bug free, well-documented and efficient code
- Experience in art and/or artist tools development
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with WPF a plus