Software Engineer, Development Support
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Have you ever daydreamed the perfect marriage of project software, operations code and development process? One where high efficiency, lightning speed, and fault tolerance combine to produce an environment that fuels collaboration and empowers creators? Do you get a rush from unblocking developers, eliminating repetitive tasks, empowering artists, and improving teamwork? Or generally just love the hum of a well-oiled development machine? If you take pride in driving efficiency and empowering creators, we would love to talk to you.
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a Development Support Engineer to help maximize efficiency of our production efforts. You will work with our development operations, production and test teams to triage and prioritize development issues, manage dev branches, create automation scripts, and direct testing and verification efforts to resolve problems and drive efficiency in order to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever!
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves game-makers, regardless of platform or development, tool, or backend focus. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Manage triage efforts; develop techniques to identify root causes quickly
- Track and resolve dev support bugs
- Manage embedded QA
- Manage and prioritize support backlog with dev testers and engineers
- Drive infrastructure transparency with team announcements, scheduled downtime, upgrades
- Package build scripts, perform integrations, create and manage development branches
- Contribute to build automation scripts; manage build automation
Who We Think will be a Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in game development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Perforce, Jenkins, and/or other version control and automated build systems
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Skill in C/C++ and object-oriented programming
- Software Test Engineer experience
- Experience in dev tracking, data visualization, operations and development tooling
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Shipped game titles, preferably on console
- Passion for video games