Senior Software Engineer, Development Operations
Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Have you ever drifted off to sleep while imagining the perfect marriage of project software, operations code and development process? One where high efficiency, lightning speed, and fault tolerance combine to produce an environment that fuels collaboration and empowers creators? Do you get a rush from unblocking developers, eliminating repetitive tasks, empowering artists, and improving teamwork? Or generally just love the hum of a well-oiled development machine? If you take pride in driving efficiency and empowering creators, we would love to talk to you.
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for Senior Engineer to lead our development operations team, crafting a vision and implementing new tools and systems to support efficient, collaborative development. In this role, you will chart the course for our Tools and Development Operations teams, creating and implementing strategies for continuous integration, data building, and automated testing. You will collaborate across disciplines to provide development tools to help artists, designers and engineers make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever!
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves game-makers, regardless of platform or development, tool, or backend focus. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don't meet 100% of the requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain and improve pipelines for continuous integration, data-building, and build delivery
- Scale processes to add support for additional SKU's, internal, and remote teams
- Develop and drive long term strategy for operations and development tools
- Establish and maintain KPI's for unit tests and live operation of pipelines, tools, and game code
- Oversee automated systems for build validation, test, and game performance
- Grow and manage your team as needed to deliver results
Who We Think will be a Great Fit:
- 5+ years of experience in game development
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Perforce, Jenkins, and/or other version control and automated build systems
- Expertise in C/C++ and object-oriented programming
- Experience in capturing requirements, designing, building, and deploying game editing and creation tools for artists, engineers and designers
- Experience in dev tracking, data visualization, operations and development tooling
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience with WPF application development
- Shipped game titles, preferably on console
- Passion for video games
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.