Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Seoul and Austin are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Visual Concepts, Foothill Ranch studio is seeking a temporary Playtester for quality assurance to join the team. This position is onsite in our Foothill Ranch studio (the role cannot be remote due to the large number of different platforms we are testing).
What You Will Do:
- Play games with specific focus and intent, in order to find any bugs or anomalies.
- Use established and developing methods to find defects.
- Carefully execute assigned test cases
- Enter detailed and concise bugs into bug tracking database.
- Perform regression tests on fixed bugs on each release.
- Reproduce, record, write bugs.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Can work onsite in our Foothill Ranch studio!
- Capable of repeatedly testing builds with minor changes.
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles
- Thinks outside the box when it comes to games.
- Has a fundamental understanding of games and game development
- Are Computer literate, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- Ability to test both 2D and 3D games repeatedly, while listening and looking for bugs
- Ability to test using a handheld gaming device and various other gaming platforms
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts.
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime, which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs
- Testing experience with multiple games on multiple platforms
- Management/leadership experience
- Experience with JIRA
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews.