Lead Technical Designer
PLAY, GROW and WIN:
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Lead Technical Designer who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
- As a proven, highly capable Technical Designer, you will be leading, mentoring and supporting the Technical Design team through creating script projects and templates, developing pipelines and creating tools. You will hold yourself to a high-quality mark in your work and ensure the team are adhering to your robust, clean script guidelines and will help in train designers on new features.
- You will also work closely with gameplay and tools coders to ensure smooth implementation of new features. You will bring your experience and expertise to the project and work with the development team to recognize and resolve problems as they arise.
- As the Lead Technical Designer on the project, you will spend time with members of your team, understanding their motivations and career development goals through carrying out regular one to ones.
- You will be working across the project disciplines, so you will be communicating clearly and effectively so that everyone works together; this will be critical to the success of this role.
- 6+ years experience in Game Design feature Development
- Have worked on at least 3 projects, at least 1 from start to finish
- You will collaborate with the Design Director on the game's vision and guidelines
- Extensive experience in a Technical Design role in game development environment, ideally one of which is AAA
- Experience in leading and mentoring developers
- Excellent problem solver, able to clearly get to the root cause and work to resolve issues
- Experience in multiple scripting languages
- Ability to work cross-discipline and provide constructive and easy-to-understand feedback to any team member
- Solid knowledge of commercial video game development engines (ie. Unreal 4, Unity 3D, etc.)
- Excellent written English, functional working spoken English
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Used to collaborating closely with programmers and artists
- Have experience or at least a strong interest in working overseas
- C/C++ programming skills
- Great attention to detail
- Experience of working in GaaS game development environment is a plus