Lead Level Designer
PLAY, GROW and WIN:
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Lead Level Designer who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the position:
Virtuos is the fastest growing console developer in China. We’ve released several successful games for the Western market. One of our project Speed Racer (DS) was based on the blockbuster from the Wachowski brothers and is considered as one of the best racing game on DS.
We are an outsourcing company able to develop games for the top publishers on major consoles. Our international management team and our Chinese development staff work together to achieve great products.
Virtuos is located in Shanghai, China. Shanghai is becoming the financial capital of Asia, attracting business and students to China. It has a very active and young crowd from all over the world. We are working in English, and you will also be offered Chinese lessons. However, it is easy to live here with a minimal knowledge of Chinese Mandarin.
We are now hiring for a upcoming AAA next-gen console. We are looking for an experienced lead level designer to lead our team.
- You will collaborate with the Design Director on feasibility estimates and mission intent
- You will communicate level design standards & pipeline to the team and prepare Design Documents as well as User Stories in the Product Backlog
- You will lead the level design team on a daily basis to maximize the team’s productivity while maintaining the work produced is in line with the project’s vision
- You will collaborate with producers and other leads to define the Product Backlog
- You will technically and creatively support the team
- You will mentor and inspire and the design team
- Responsible for reviewing level design team’s deliverables
- 6+ years experience in Game Design feature Development
- Released at least 1 game in Lead Position (PC or console)
- Have worked on at least 3 projects
- Level Design experience is a must
- Competent knowledge of 3D tools (Max, Sketchup, etc.)
- Ability to work in an international environment, and to integrate quickly to the team
- Extremely curious about innovative game development
- Passion for games on various platforms
- Strong documentation & communication skills
- Used to collaborating closely with programmers and artists
- Have experience or at least a strong interest in working overseas