PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Character Artist who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the job
Artist should be proficient in art production techniques and pipelines, with mainstream art styles, able to execute assigned tasks according to project schedule, and willing to research and learn new tools and techniques. They should be a team player, able to work well with other artists.
What you will do
- Create 3D models, baking, texture, LOD and import to engine;
- Good eye, able to quickly different art styles;
- Understand and follow art requirements and specific needs of the project;
- Promptly learn any new tools or techniques;
- Execute tasks assigned to him according to project schedule while meeting quality
- Address feedbacks from Team leader, Art Director or Client;
- Promptly report to Team Leader about any difficulties encountered.
- Sound knowledge about 2D, 3D design, painting, texturing, etc.;
- Good command of one of the 3D software – Maya, 3D Max, Softimage, Zbrush, etc.;
- Deep understanding of videogames, passionate about game development;
- College/professional degree in Art – related fields – Architecture, Industrial Design, Fashion Designer, etc.;
- 2+ year experience working in games industry;
- Experience working on game engines (Unreal, Unity) is a plus;
- Passion for games and strong game culture;
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams;
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Good communication and English skills.
All applications must include a Cover Letter, CV/Resume and any relevant documentation.
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading video game development company with operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, Ireland and the United States. With over 2,000 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and 3D art production for AAA consoles, PC and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenue and achieve operational efficiency.