Assistant Esports Coach
Esports Assistant Coach - Duties and Responsibilities
The Esports Assistant Coach serves as an assistant coach and administrative support to the Director of Esports/Head Coach. They are responsible for providing leadership, practice management, and competitive strategy for various esports titles.
Currently the University of New Haven competes in the following titles: Call of Duty, Apex, Smash, Overwatch, Valorant, CS:GO, Rocket League, and League of Legends.
- Understand and support the mission of the University of New Haven and varsity esports program
- Assist in the overall success and development of the varsity esports program
- Schedule and prepare student players for practices and competitions/events, including development/implementation of game strategy, scouting reports, video analysis, etc.
- Maintain communication with student players and teams
- Help manage and lift events in our varsity Discord
- Assist in the development and enhancement of social media, shoutcasting, Twitch streaming, etc.
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- Robust knowledge of the collegiate and general esports ecosystem
- Proficiency of play and/or strong knowledge of League of Legends and Rocket League
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to provide exceptional leadership to student players
- Ability to complete several tasks at once with frequent interruption
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and resilience when needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to provide a positive attitude and demonstrate a willingness to accept and improve upon constructive feedback from supervisors and professional staff
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous esports coaching experience
- Experience with social media, shout-casting, and Twitch
- High level of competitive play in titles such as (League of Legends & Rocket League)