Software Developer in Test
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has thrived.
Unity is uniquely positioned to tackle the complicated problems that face multiplayer developers today. We are looking for a Software Developer in Test to help ensure functionality, stability, and usability of multiplayer development tools. You will partner with a team of developers to impact the everyday lives of game developers using Unity.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with our developers to advise and contribute to our automated test suite
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our automation frameworks
- Provide feedback about features in Unity and on the multiplayer technology team in order to support development and advise development decisions
- Help define testing methodologies to tackle some of the unique challenges in automated testing of multiplayer scenarios
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a dedicated SDET and a consistent record of shipping large, complex software projects
- Experience developing automated test frameworks and automated tests
- Proficient in either C++ or C#; experience debugging in both
- Collaboration and communication skills
You might also have
- Experience with C# testing frameworks
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Self-motivated and constantly looking to improve
- Familiarity with multiplayer development concepts
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.