Creators across the globe have incredible ideas about new ways to connect people, but today, the tools and technologies are still inadequate for many users with disabilities to succeed in bringing their ideas to life. Unity’s long-term mission has been empowering creators of all forms, and we know it will take a dedicated team of collaborative leaders to solve the needs of both players and creators with disabilities. We want you to join us to tackle these challenges and make accessible application creation easier than ever before.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager on the newly formed Accessibility team, you will lead prioritization of Products and Features for Unity to empower this community and connect with users regularly to validate our strategies and execution. In this role, you'll partner closely with Development, Design and Technical Program Management to balance the strategy across the 3 axes of user needs, business goals, and technical feasibility. We look forward to seeing the creative new accessible experiences that our users bring to life once you and the team succeed!
What you’ll be doing
- Establish a clear strategy for making our Editor and applications accessible for short and medium term horizons.
- Collaborate across development teams to integrate accessibility practices throughout the product lifecycle.
- Work closely with Legal and Social Impact teams to align our accessibility guidelines and practices with company policies and legal regulations.
- Engage with high profile customers and partners to collaborate on product validation.
What we’re looking for
- Product Management experience sufficient to implement crucial techniques of Product Management with efficiency.
- Experience with accessible games and application development such that you can engage in discussions about the biggest challenges for these creators.
- Technical background sufficient to learn and engage in analysis of possible technical solutions to accessibility outcomes.
- Some experience focused on business and/or UX to complement our technical teams’ expertise.
You might also have
- Knowledge of applicable accessibility standards such as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Strong capabilities in collaboration and driving alignment across teams who may have differing goals and priorities.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.