Senior Software Engineer, Value Prediction
At Unity Monetization, we build high-throughput distributed systems and products around machine learning on a scale you won’t see in many other places. We create a positive impact by enabling game developers to get paid for their work, and help gamers discover new mobile gaming experiences through personalized advertising and other content in hundreds of thousands of games. And now we need your help to do that!
In the Value Prediction team, you will work with engineers and data scientists to deploy and operate deep neural network models for value driven user acquisition. Our technology stack is designed for a high-volume environment, with Golang, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Tensorflow, and many other tools selected to fit the purpose. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment, as our advertising network reaches millions of game players each day.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop and improve services and data pipelines to deploy and operate machine learning models for predicting user behaviour in games they have never played
- Mentor junior developers and collaborate with data scientists to ensure high-quality outcomes
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience in software development for service-oriented architectures processing thousands of requests per second
- Ability to communicate clearly your ideas, solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Understanding how different data storage engines and messaging systems work and what are their limitations
- Quality-driven attitude
You might also have
- Experience with Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language, together with experience with machine learning concepts and big data pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes and pipeline orchestration tools such as Kubeflow or Airflow is a plus
- Experience with Terraform and Google Cloud Platform is a plus, we build and own our infrastructure
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.