Senior Software Developer, Machine Learning, [email protected]
The Applied Machine Learning Research Group at Unity focuses on showcasing the novel and staggering work possible with Unity in the fields of computer vision, robotics, and behavior authoring. Specifically, we use our industry-leading game engine to build and train systems that perform in the real world. Our work includes: developing algorithms and methods that use synthetic data and simulation, building and maintaining open-source toolkits for machine learning and, publishing and presenting work at conferences.
We are looking for an outstanding Lead Machine Learning Developer to join our growing team. You will lead a team working on using synthetic data for computer vision and robotics. Additionally, you will help the team release tools to accelerate researchers in this area.
You can learn more about us by reading our Unity Blog posts and arXiv paper.
What you’ll be doing
- Direct and mentor a team of ML researchers and engineers in order to craft state-of-the-art algorithms to bridge the gap between simulation and reality.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and engineering leadership to conceptualize, strategize, and develop new products.
- Work with the team to communicate key results at machine learning conferences.
- Help build and maintain open-source packages for researchers.
- Help build a community of external researchers working in computer vision and robotics with Unity's tools and services.
What we’re looking for
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience working with or building data platforms and large-scale machine learning training pipelines.
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Published research in areas of machine learning at major conferences and/or journals
You might also have
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience leading open-source projects
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development, and graphics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.