Senior Product Manager, UGS Developer Experience
Building a successful online game requires overcoming a myriad of developer challenges. Unity Gaming Services Developer Experience is passionate about enabling developers from prototype to launch for UGS-powered games. To achieve this, the UGS Developer Experience identifies and solves the customer problems inherent when building and launching service-backed games. Our tools and capabilities unlock the potential for teams of creators to realize best-in-class player experiences and sustainable businesses.
As a member of our team, your goal will be to develop a deep understanding of our tools and services, the challenges we face in the market, and how we can best enable our customer’s success. You will engage directly with our customers, collect feedback, and provide the help development team insights to ensure we are building products our users value. Your contributions have the potential to transform the future of how real-time 3D content is built and delivered!
What you'll be doing
- Direct the vision and strategy for multiple product teams
- Lead the tactical aspects and priorities of the product development lifecycle
- Coordinate the execution of a highly complex product offering that bridges the gap between Unity’s Operate Solutions and the Unity Editor
- Partner with engineering and UX design to ensure feature(s) are well-designed and well-developed
- Prioritize what workflows, templates/prefabs, and automation can be brought into the editor to improve the adoption of Unity’s business services
- Lead, in partnership with marketing, the go-to-market strategy and adoption of our services
- Measure the adoption and impact of your work and adapt your strategy based on market needs
What we're looking for
- Extensive track record as a Product Manager with a focus on gaming or gaming services
- Understanding of the Unity editor and/or game development
- Ability to jump between strategic direction and tactical execution across cross-functional units
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence that will drive alignment by influence rather than by hierarchy across multiple internal/external and technical/non-technical teams
You might also have
- Experience developing cloud service-backed consumer products
- Being able to communicate the success of a product from multiple angles (i.e. business goals, user goals, technology goals)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit our website.