Senior Gameplay Engineer, Accelerate Solutions - Games
At Unity we're building a world-class game development team to bring incredible games to life for our customers and showcase our technologies at their best!
As part of our successful Accelerate Solutions business, this new group will bring together designers, artists and engineers in order to build full games for our customers across a variety of platforms.
We’re looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer with experience of building fun and innovative games using Unity. You’ll be joining the team at an early stage, so we’re looking for someone who loves designing and prototyping to help drive clarity at the start of a project. You’ll also enjoy and have experience of the full game development cycle, including shipping on multiple platforms.
The new team will be based around our offices in Stratford-upon-Avon. Whilst we believe it’s essential for creative teams to come together periodically, our hybrid working policy will allow you to find the right balance between working from home and the office.
When we’re at the office you’ll find us in a set of converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors, where the environment is informal, relaxed, and inclusive.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Help incubate a new game by building prototypes and working closely with designers.
- Assist with making technical decisions that will aid pre-production and production.
- Work with the Technical Director on project scoping and team growth.
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams.
- Stay up to date on the latest development practices for both Unity and the games industry at large
What we’re looking for
- Experience of the very early stages of game development, including prototyping.
- Excellent knowledge of Unity with experience developing multiple titles using the engine.
- Knowledge of game design principles and what it takes to find the fun.
- Experience in shipping games, including an understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Strong C# programming skills with significant experience in profiling and debugging.
You might also have
- Graphics programming knowledge and experience writing shaders.
- Experience shipping Unity tiles on mobile and/or console platforms.
- Experience of hiring and building great engineering teams.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.