Developer Support Engineer Student Worker
Unity’s Engine Support Team is at the very front line of the company. Our customers are developing a huge range of games and applications in Unity, and they rely on us to keep their projects on track. Our team of highly qualified engineers seek a wide variety of problems that require agile thinking and working skills.
What you’ll be doing
During your internship, you will work on a range of projects. You will get the chance to apply the software development knowledge you have acquired during your time at university. In return, you will constantly be learning about the latest features of Unity and help nurture some of the most exciting games in development today.
- Work with support tickets, learning how Engine Support is done, and developing the skills to become a fully-capable team member
- Work with customer projects and develop standard methodologies and tools for receiving, manipulating, and navigating exciting customer projects
- Work with tools for support engineers - and develop process improvements and time-saving tools for use by the team
What we’re looking for
- You are currently studying Computer Science, Game Development or a related subject at University, looking for a placement year
- You are proficient with at least one programming language
- You understand “performance” in software development, i.e., speed and memory utilization
You might also have
- Experience with C++ or C# specifically is an advantage
- Experience in games or app development with Unity
- Knowledge relating to graphics programming (e.g., DirectX, OpenGL)
- Experience in customer service (of any form)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.