Developer Support Engineer - Product Support
Unity provides a growing range of products to our customers as end-to-end solutions for use in industries beyond games. For example, Reflect and Forma. These products complement the core Unity Engine and Editor used by thousands of developers worldwide.
Our customers using these products contact us for a wide variety of reasons: ranging from help with installing and getting started, to customizing and extending the product. As a Developer Support Engineer, you will work to answer these questions and seek problems using curiosity, flexibility and a Users-First demeanor.
As some of these products are new, you will help establish Unity in new industries, providing feedback from users to the development teams, and helping to craft the strategic direction. You will also be helping bring real-time 3D to a wider range of customers.
We encourage junior and senior levels of experience! This is a permanent position based in our Pereira office. Travel is not required but you may have opportunities to attend conferences and visit customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the first point of contact for technical inquiries from customers, using the Zendesk ticketing system to handle and prioritize issues
- Investigate, research, debug, and tackle integration problems, interacting with customers and internal development engineers as needed to do so
- Conduct calls with customers to tackle issues faster
- Collaborate with your colleagues to continually improve processes and ensure team success
- Maintain excellent relations between the Engine Support team and other departments within Unity
- Prepare and distribute weekly reports
- Contribute to the Unity documentation and other resource materials
What we’re looking for
- Enjoy solving problems/problem-solving
- Unity and C# experience
- You are proactive with a positive demeanor to solve problems backed up with a high level of personal motivation
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
- Able to lead your own time effectively, set priorities and work independently towards a goal
You might also have
- Experience of 3D or CAD modelling packages and data formats (e.g. Autodesk, Revit)
- Experience with developing games/apps with Unity or for mobile/console platforms
- Experience in debugging and profiling
- Customer-facing or technical support experience
- Ability to learn new skills
- Knowledge of SCM software (Git, Mercurial, Perforce) and available external hosting platforms (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.