At Unity, we are re-inventing the way online games are built, launched, and operated. In Multiplayer Suite, we focus on building highly scalable, distributed, realtime services that enable creators to confidently craft, launch, and operate new and engaging connected player experiences. We proudly provide online solutions for matchmaking, lobby, relay, and hybrid multi-cloud game server hosting for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together, and enabling game creators to build living experiences for their players.
We are looking for a Software Data Developer who shares our passion for games and building scalable services. As a key member of the team, your role will include accelerating our teams’ journey in becoming more data-driven by building a solid data foundation. You'll bring your data engineering expertise in many core gaming services like lobby, social, player-safety, and game server hosting. We are breaking new ground in bringing powerful, enterprise-grade multiplayer capabilities to every creator.
Our future teammate understands what it takes to build Data products from an engineering, business, and data science perspective and can spot areas of improvement in existing products.
What you'll be doing
- Design and develop new product features and improve existing functionality
- Build, scale, and maintain self-service data solutions (e.g. microservices, python sdks, etc) to empower analytics, reporting, data science, and monitoring systems
- Open for learning new technologies and how to get these understood, developed, and rolled out across the data products for the benefit of our business stakeholders
- Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, scalability while reporting performance and capabilities
- Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions
What we're looking for
- Experience in building big data-based service/system in production at large scale (BigQuery, Druid, Snowflake)
- Experience in building ETL
- Experience in Go, Python, Scala
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and technologies (CI/CD, Bash, microservices, containerization, infrastructure-as-code) with distributed and containerized systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team
You might also have
- Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/KanBan/XP)
- Experience working on large and complex datasets and production requirements with real time streaming system
- Experience with cloud computing (GCP, AWS or Azure) and experience with extending Apache Airflow and writing custom Airflow Operators
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.