CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
Reporting to the Producer, the Technical Director will create and deliver the title in co-production with Ubisoft Studio worldwide, leveraging on key technology and design breakthrough.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
TECHNICAL DIRECTION - DEFINE VISION
With the help of the tech leads, the architects and in partnership with the Technical Director for client and gameplay technology set the technical direction for the key Online components of the project. Define and promote what the new generation of Game as a Service experience will be. Make this vision happen.
- TECHNOLOGY - Define the technology that is the most adapted to the project:
- understand the full stack technologies;
- the operational challenges of a Live game;
- the specificities of each gaming platform (consoles, PC, streaming).
- BEST PRACTICES - Ensure that the game is being built with the right methodology and best coding practices, tech briefs, code reviews and keeping in mind long term quality and potential future code sharing.
- ANTICIPATE - Understand the future technical challenges, take them into consideration and drive the technology to be ready on time. Identify project risks and the contingency plans to put in place with the team.
- LONG-TERM - Work and set the direction from a long-term perspective, not only focusing on the immediate next milestone or current hot topic.
- GROUP & INDUSTRY REFERENCE - Stay aware of the trends, the new technologies and can spot those that will help the project. Communicate and share to the group or industry about the technical innovations done on the project.
- INFLUENCE - Be the voice of tech within the Core team, make sure that technical constraints and challenges are understood and considered, especially on the Online aspect of the game. Make regular internal communications and maintain a great team atmosphere.
- PILOT - Coach Tech Leads upon completion of the vision.
- INSPIRE - Regularly communicate the vision to the team, explain the challenges, highlight the successes and innovations. Propose and develop the best tools and dev processes to guarantee the team’s efficiency.
- DECISION MAKING & SHIPPING MINDSET - Take courageous decisions to define a clear technical frame for the game, drive key tech decisions to lock design, ship the game and ensure its post launch operations. Be the Gate Keeper of the project, particularly during its closing to ensure a smooth release and post-launch.
- CHANGE OR CRISIS MANAGEMENT - In charge of any major change management needed to deliver on time and quality when tech is at risk.
STAKEHOLDERS & SERVICE PARTNERS MANAGEMENT
- INFORM - Regularly update stakeholders (Studio, HQ) and Service Partners about our progress, roadmap, challenges, risks, decisions, etc.
- STAGE GATE - Participate to the definition and the elaboration of the message for the different gates of the game.
- LEVERAGE UBISOFT ECOSYSTEM - connect with the rest of the group, get the most of the what already exists.
- COLLABORATION - Foster a collaborative approach, onboard service partners as early as possible, identify opportunities to set a win-win situation where our partners help us and we help them.
- OBJECTIVES - Set clear and ambitious objectives for your reports.
- 1-ON-1s - Meet at regularly for 1-1's to cover work, career and personal concerns.
- PRAISE - Give praise upon good achievements and re-enforce your reports' confidence.
- CAREER PATHS - Work with your reports to define motivating career paths for them @Ubisoft.
- ATTITUDE - Demonstrate charisma, enthusiasm and commitment at all times.
- COACHING - Coach and Teach your reports how to grow.
- FEEDBACK - Manage and Provide feedback on their performance on a regular basis to help them to evolve in their role, including constructive feedback delivered timely.
- PERF ASSESSMENT - Carry out the performance assessments for direct contributors and take part in the process by validating the coherence and equity for the team he/she oversees.
- Propose solutions to improve the development of the projects in the studio.
- Identify and promote the application of best ideas.
- Grow the studio competencies and awareness.
- Share constructive experience internally and externally in the Group.
WHAT YOU BRING
- At least 10 years leadership experience preferably in games
- Excellent leader and communicator; able to motivate, influence, and inspire at all levels
- Able to articulate a strong vision of technology as a means to customer value
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, old or new-gen consoles
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.