Senior Gameplay Programmer - Beyond Good & Evil 2
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, "Beyond Good & Evil 2" and unannounced AAA projects.
We are currently seeking motivated and skilled Senior Gameplay Programmer. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
You will work closely with your lead and other programmers in new systems for Beyond Good and Evil 2, as well as with other disciplines to fully enhance the features and prototypes that go into our project.
- Implement various gameplay systems for a AAA game.
- Coach and mentor other members of the programming team, empowering them to innovate.
- Deliver robust and flexible code.
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team.
- Work with our game designers and programmers to evaluate technical possibilities, conceptualize and realize game features and functionality and create the best possible player experience.
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and are coherent with existing code.
- Make use of iterative prototyping to demonstrate the validity of gameplay features.
- Ensure coding standards are followed and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation for the engineering team.
- Incentivize and coordinate knowledge sharing within the team through trainings/talks.
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Be an active part of the debugging process and able to help other disciplines part of this process when needed.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 4-5 years of videogames development experience with significant involvement. Experience in published AAA games.
- Able to analyse and debug unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Has knowledge and experience in an agile environment.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools -Jira, etc.
- Experience with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal).
- Ability to review and give feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- A highly innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of console games development is a plus.
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets.
- Preferential price for medical insurance.
- Sports / activities deal.
- Access to transport tax deductions.
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC).
- Discount for Ubisoft console games.
- Fresh fruits / drinks.
- Friday Morning Breakfast.
- Friday afternoon free.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building events.
- Assistance for opening Bank account.
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review.
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax).