Senior Gameplay Programmer
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit our website.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Game Designers to understand their Gameplay and AI needs
- Work closely with the Animation team to push the quality of realization of locomotion and behaviors of AI agents
- Assess technical feasibility, and identify technical risks based on design requirements
- Design and implement features, modifications, improvements and optimizations to existing code base, in a clear and structured way
- Break down complex features into suitable tasks
- Follow up and update implementation progress on a regular basis
- Support and coach other programmers in the team for relevant domains
- Work with the team to improve production process and enforce best practices
- Document the code and promote sharing with other team members
What you should be equipped with:
- Experiences of games development for both online and offline projects, equivalent industry experience;
- Strong C & C++ skill; Good knowledge of standard algorithms;
- Experience in software design and implementation of various game systems: AI agents, Game Objects, Animation Realization, Locomotion, Replication, etc…
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability for problem solving and able to adapt to change; Strong collaboration and pro-activity skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Console game development experience;
- Experience with at least one shipped game;
- Problem-solving skills;
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!