Senior Game Artist 2D/3D F/M
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
At the Ubisoft Annecy studio, you will be joining the mobile team. You will report directly to the producer as a Senior Game Artist. In this role, you will oversee:
- Concept environments and characters (2D)
- Create / model 3D assets (characters, props and environments)
- Create textures for 3D assets.
- Import / integrate 3D assets in Unity engine.
- Ensure the highest quality production standards for our users to enjoy by working closely with game designers and developers
- Rigging and animation of characters and props
You are graduated from an art school (bachelor) and have a at least 5 to 7 years of experience in video games creation, ideally as a game artist on mobile games.
You also recognize yourself in the following skills list:
- Good drawing skills / illustration
- Adaptability and versatility in the art style (realistic, cartoon…)
- Expert knowledge of modeling software (3D Studio Max, Maya, Modo, Blender…)
- Excellent skills in modelling 3D modelling, texturing, rigging and animation
- Strong understanding of optimization for mobile platforms
- Very good knowledge of Unity 3D (integration)
- Fluent or proficient in English
- Experience in UI (mockups, design…) is a plus
You are also friendly, proactive, curious and autonomous, willing to join a small team where you can use your skills? Please, submit your application!
To apply, please provide us a CV + portfolio showing examples of your artwork
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development