Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website or our WeChat account.
Working closely with the Art Director, Designers, and 3D Modelling team, participating in the shaping and development of the Level-Art and Level-Design, by following the project artistic style and technical restrictions.
- Generate a multitude of ideas, and sketch convincing environments, and props.
- Create expressive concept art, on par with the quality of the concept art created for the major Ubisoft titles; yet also have the ability to work loosely with line drawings, and basic colour render, to rapidly and efficiently convey an idea.
- Research and collect visual material to help define the visual style, and contents of the game.
- Work closely with Design to consider the gameplay implications, and the overall player experience.
- Work closely to assist the 3D Lead, and Level Artists, to help define and visualise the details within a level.
- Good illustration and storytelling skills, with an eye for perspective, colour, lighting, mood and composition.
- Good sense of form, shape, silhouette, scale and surface materials.
- Adept at understanding a high fantasy Art Direction, to then create new pieces, which fit cohesively with the level.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, working with individuals on the Design and Level-Art team, to help shape the levels.
- Very good communication skills, teamwork oriented, and pro-active attitude, is essential.
- Must have the initiative and agility, to adapt the work, to efficiently deliver to requirements. Ranging from line sketches, paint-over, basic colour render, or full render, where appropriate.
- Strong use of research and reference material, in support of idea generation, and problem solving.
- Basic knowledge of 3D software packages, and experience employing 3D techniques into a concept workflow, is an advantage.
- Good awareness of 3D art pipelines, and technical constraints related to different game engines, is an advantage.
- Good English communication skills, is an advantage.
- Solid experience in Art or any other relevant experience
- Shipped at least 1 - 2 games as a concept artist.