Senior Audio Designer
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR JOURNEY
The Senior Audio Designer is responsible for the quality and content of the sounds and must ensure that the are in line with game’s vision
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Follow the references and directions from the Audio Director/Lead Audio Designer
- Work in the creation and implementation of all the sound effects projects
- Work on the development of new techniques and processes to solve the challenges of producing sound effects
- Oversee features from a technical and artistic standpoint
- Aggregate and action feedback from stakeholders
- Manage task and audio workflow to ensure timely deliverables.
- Innovate and resolve technical problems for the artistic development of tools used in video game production to improve work processes
- Document processes and procedures in a precise way
- Mentor and coach intermediate and junior designers
- Collaborate with recording sessions outside the office
- Regular meetings with team to ensure good team health
- Push quality in every key component: sound design, music composition, voice production and implementation
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in digital and analog audio production or audio engineering
- Strong background in audio engineering with a solid understanding of signal processing, 3D positional audio and mastering.
- Extensive working experience industry standard DAW (Protools, Nuendo, Sound Forge, etc.)
- Prior working experience with at least one current game engine (Unity, Unreal, etc)
- Prior working experience with at least one current game audio engine (Wwise, FMOD, XACT, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to comprehend in a fast pace and complex game environment.
- Self-driven, team player and willingness to learn
- Must be motivated and passionate about sound design and implementation
- Demonstrate leadership
- Strong Gameplay instincts
- Foley/ Field recording experience
- Experience in other audio pipelines (voice, music, tech)
- Experience working in Agile environments and project management
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.