Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft Studio Osaka is looking for a talented Senior Animator who can bring life to characters for a current generation (PlayStation 4/Xbox ONE/PC) new AAA IP. The Sr. Animator will create character animations and be involved in the evolution of the animation pipeline, emphasizing realistic physics with character movement and motivation through acting. The ideal candidate should have experience editing motion-capture, as well as being able to produce hand-keyed animations. The successful candidate will actively communicate forthcoming ideas and issues that may affect other departments outside of animation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Creative Director and Art Director to set the visual direction for characters in the game
- Broadcast the technical needs of the animation department
- Animate assets for use in game
- Develop and animate cinematic scenes with strong camera compositions
- Create visual targets and work with artists and engineers to assure they are respected
- Administer animation assets developed both internally and by third parties
- Interact with Technical Artists and Technical Animators to define Character Animation Pipeline
- Develop and adhere to quality review processes
- Oversee 3rd parties in the production of animation assets
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Senior level of game, film or commercial animation experience
- At least 2 shipped AAA title on present or previous generation hardware (PS3/4, X360/ONE, PC)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Understanding of implementing animations in game
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience with Maya and/or 3DS Max
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Deep understanding of anatomy and motion
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks to meet deadlines
- Clear communication skills