Security Specialist - Data Privacy
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Ubisoft Montréal is looking for a security specialist who will bring their passion for cybersecurity to our Security & Risk Management (SRM) Team.
By joining SRM, you will be part of a global team of 80+ passionate security professionals across our many studios and will participate in providing a safe and secure environment in your domain of expertise, allowing Ubisoft to achieve its business objectives. Join us and empower SRM to remain a world-class reference for the entire gaming industry.
More precisely, in the role, you’ll act as a subject matter expert in the field of privacy and security in order to manage risks to Ubisoft’s personal data using risk assessment techniques, identification of effective remediation strategies, and presenting management with results in meaningful business terms. You will act as the primary point of contact for security activities impacting privacy and guide legal and project teams in their operations.
- Serve as the point of contact to develop and drive any activities related to privacy and information security;
- Manage the relationship with executives and key stakeholders to support the decision-making process that could impact Ubisoft’s security posture;
- Review contracts and negotiations with 3rd parties in order to ensure privacy and security compliance;
- Interpret current or future regulation to support the compliance activity;
- Carry out security evaluations for projects concerning personal data and privacy;
- Collaborate with project teams to challenge, secure, and support their data usage;
- Define policies, standards and processes to ensure secure data management;
- Evangelize security and privacy and promote best practices to internal teams;
- Drive the implementation of security measures on global IT projects.
- Bachelor’s in computer science;
- Technical or audit certification in computer security such as CISSP, CISA is an asset;
- Privacy certification such as CIPP, CIPM, CIPT is an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience in auditing or security consulting;
- Experience in developing corporate policies or guidelines;
- Experience in dealing with privacy-related activities;
- Experience working on privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of the main aspects of information security (processes and technologies);
- Ability to interact with representatives from different sectors, use a pedagogical approach and communicate technical and business concepts to all types of audiences;
- Ability to make decisions quickly in a constantly changing environment and have an innovative approach;
- Capacity to proceed with diligence and a high level of responsibility;
- Ability to synthesize and draft documents that are clear and well structured;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and autonomy skills;
- Bilingual (French-English) is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.