Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Extend and improve the existing rendering systems
- Improve rendering system compatibility
- Optimize rendering code and systems
- Collaborate with the Lead Core Engineer on technical design and feature roll out
- Work with game teams and other engineers to identify systems in need of maintenance, optimization, or refactoring
- Coordinate with other developers to ensure smooth roll out of new features
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship
- Create and maintain technical design documents
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- C/C++ experience with understanding of multi-threaded programming techniques
- Solid graphics knowledge using Direct3D or OpenGL
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders using HLSL or GLSL
- Experience building games as a rendering engineer on contemporary graphics hardware ( consoles, PC, or similar )
- Ability to be self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented
- Understanding of low-level optimizations and core subsystems, memory management, cross-platform development
- Strong 3D maths skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with technical requirement certification (Sony, Microsoft, etc.)
- Experience on the new generation of consoles (PS5, Xbox Series X)
- Understanding of streaming file systems
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.