Release & Build Specialist
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website or our WeChat account.
As the Release & Build Specialist you will provide solutions that allow production teams to optimize efficiency and minimize risk during development in order to let them concentrate on bringing high-quality games to players.
What you will do
- Work involve in all the game projects on PC, Xbox, PS platforms
- Set up and maintain the Continuous Integration pipeline for game version
- Set up and maintain different access policies
- Manage production assets and code (i.e. Perforce and Network Attached Storage)
- Administrate the build farm (build machines)
- Develop scripts or applications to implement repetitive tasks automatically and improve productivity.
- Support any problem in working environment (i.e. access, network, tool, service, configuration) for production team
- Investigate tools from both internal and external of Ubisoft. Reuse the existed tools or modules with high priority to implement solution
What you should be equipped with
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related majors
- 2 years + experience in at least one major source control (Perforce, Git, SVN);
- 2 years + experience with at least one major CI tool (QuickBuild, TeamCity, Jenkins, CruiseControl.NE);
- 2 years + experience with some scripting language (Groovy, Python, batch files, shell);
- Able to analyze and evaluate risks while proposing solutions.
- Knowledge of bug tracking, sprint planning, and wiki software.
- Not only able to work independently, but also work with team.
- Good Chinese & English communication ability.