Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading the development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a Production Director at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Production Director at UbiTO, you’ll plan and guide the overall development of a game. You’ll set its production process up for success and then see it through from conception to completion: tracking and fine-tuning along the way.
With a thorough grasp of the experience we intend to deliver, and the effort involved in producing it, you establish the optimal approach to align our ambitions with our abilities.
You will be responsible for moving all of the production team forward from one phase to the next, and for keeping an eye on obstacles that could jeopardize the project as a whole and adapt accordingly.
Plus, you provide the conditions for everyone to contribute together, combine their complementary expertise, and enable their game – their months of dedication, decision-making, and creation – to reach an audience.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of a Production Director at Ubisoft Toronto
- Work closely with the Producer and Creative Director to assess the overall game vision & project requirements;
- Define the scope of the entire project: create its high-level roadmap and timeline, establish its main deliverables and key milestones, and set its development strategies and budgets;
- Build the project's organizational structure to optimize the team's talents;
- Anticipate and identify risks and setbacks + put plans in place to overcome them;
- Develop communication channels to foster collaboration and interaction between colleagues, co-dev studios, and internal and external partners;
- Monitor progress + sync up with Associate Producers and Production Managers to keep the project on pace;
- Reflect on what’s working and what’s not + look for areas of improvement to evolve our processes, methods, and practices;
- Create and maintain a supportive work environment + grow the production team..
What it takes to make it
- Around 8 years of experience in production or project management in the video game industry (or other related experience);
- In-depth knowledge of game development pipelines and interdependencies + familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies;
- Have shipped a minimum of one AAA game title in a management or project management role;
- A degree in Project Management or Business Administration (or relevant training/ experience);
- An innovative spirit that drives you to explore and bring about new ways of doing things;
- The ability to influence change + anticipate blockers and find creative solutions to remove them;
- A collaborative mindset;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Consideration of the impact your choices have on creators;
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to whatever production (inevitably) throws your way: you can modify any part of your plans based on the situation.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview.