As part of Ubisoft's data engineering team, you will contribute in how video game data gets used within the company and how product decisions are made. As our games connect more and more players together, our data platform must run thousands of jobs and serve billions of data points in all areas of the company. You will lead an innovative team focused on building highly scalable and optimized data products and microservices, to support the work of many analysts, data scientists and engineers across the company.
More specifically, you and your team will design and implement best-in-class technical designs and approaches. You will represent the team's clients and facilitate collaboration across teams. You will make sure that your team is delivering business value consistently.
What you bring
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience building products that deliver strong business value
- Experience in accompanying senior development teams
- Strong client & project management skills
- Strong desire to solve complex problems by providing simple and elegant solutions
- Willingness to debate on the best approaches with the rest of the team
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Exposure to development of RESTful webservices
- Exposure to cloud computing
- Exposure to distributed systems and data processing technologies such as Hive, Spark, Flink and Storm
- Exposure to the analytics, statistics and/or machine learning fields
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.