YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
Online Programmers are key in delivering the enjoyable connected experience players have come to expect from the Ubisoft gaming experience. Online Programmers face multiple challenges in developing, integrating and maintaining high-end service platforms. They are critical in ensuring that millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience they can enjoy with their friends regardless of where and how they connect.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with investigation, design and implementation of class-leading online features.
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
- Integrate online solutions into the game client.
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work.
- Help define good programming practices and coding standards, and ensure they are enforced within the engineering team through regular peer code reviews.
- Identify potential issues within the code, raise flags and propose solutions.
- Keeps abreast of changes related to online gaming within the industry.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science and have at least 3 years of professional experience
- Excellent general programming skills and ideally solid knowledge of C++ and/or C#
- Knowledge about server and database programming, distributed systems and online services
- Experiences working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in consoles and their requirements
- Interest in the video game market and online gaming
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.