THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 55 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where bothplayers and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated and experienced professionals that are focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, while taking care for one another. We strive for a safe and respectful workplace for all team members and we’re transparent about the measures we are taking to do so. For this reason, Ubisoft’s Code of Conduct has been released publicly on our corporate website for all current and future team members.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is currently seeking a Network Multiplayer Programmer to help our team on their next adventure. This person will report to the Lead Programmer.
Your daily adventure:
- Network and online components development.
- Write real-time multi-player game client and server APIs.
- Tools creation to stress test the online network stack under worst-case scenarios.
- Debug network library issues in a multi-threaded programming environment.
- Correct defects discovered by QC or players in a timely fashion.
- Evangelist on best network practices to gameplay and content teams.
- Close collaborate with other team members to translate network constraints into win-win solutions.
- Offer advice and siggestions for improving the development process.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- 2 or more years of demonstrable experience as a game developer.
- Strong skills and experience in software development in Unity3D, and C# or C++, knowledge of multi-threaded programming.
- A solid foundation in computer science and software engineering, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, 3D mathematics and software design.
- Wide knowledge of server-client architectures.
- A broad range of knowledge and experience with the full network stack.
- Knowledge of various network protocols such TCP, UDP, HTTP.
- Willingness to contribute to all network layers on both server and client, not just hand off at the transport layer.
- Understanding of anti-cheat solutions for networked games.
- Proactive attitude.
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Passion for games and some knowledge of the games industry.
- Have a good command of English.
- Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field. Master’s degree in any of these disciplines is a Plus.
- Experience with iOS and Android development.
- Free to play market knowledge and game design concepts
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday.
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy.
- Reduced schedule on August, Easter, Christmas and special dates such Sant Jordi and Sant Joan.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant.
- Mobile device grant based on seniority.
- Life Insurance
- Cigna private Health insurance.
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office.
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events.
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio.
- Great discounts in our games.
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages.
- Company parties and events.
- Friday’s beers.
- Relocation Package (when needed).
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.