Linux System Administrator
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Your main mission
The Linux System Administrator is the IT specialist responsible for the design, installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of Linux operating systems for on-premises or cloud hosted environments.
This role involves server-side operations and troubleshooting tasks that support business-critical and development activities to ensure the target availability of said environments in providing high-quality technical/functional support to internal clients and also collaboration with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
What you’ll do
- Manage and support a set of Linux servers, services and tools hosted on premises or in the public cloud in accordance with predefined objectives and SLAs.
- Work with process automation tools like Chef, Ansible, Salt-Stack, Bash script, etc.
- Lead and participate in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases.
- Monitor, update, and maintain existing environment software systems and provides his support in upgrading or migrating such environments where needed.
- Maintain optimal customer satisfaction levels.
- Work with the development team to maximize service availability and advance the scope of support.
- Locate and defines new process improvement opportunities.
- Create and maintains detailed technical documentation.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the development team.
- Collaborate with hardware, OS, System admins, and technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environments.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Strong experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments (CentOs/Red Hat preferably).
- Good understanding of observability principles also experience in usage and configuration of Zabbix monitoring tool, Grafana, Elastic Stack, ELK ( ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana), Web Server (Nginx or Apache)
- Good knowledge of application containerization solutions (Docker).
- Good knowledge of IT fundamental principles and standards, networking, operating systems basics, hardware architecture.
- Good knowledge of Linux scripting languages like Python or Bash.
- Good knowledge and experience with version control systems, preferably GIT.
- Good knowledge and experience working with configuration management tools, such as SaltStack, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience in defining and working with CI/CD flows.
- Cloud skills on AWS or/and Azure cloud services, also working with code based cloud configuration tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues related to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others;
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Good written and oral knowledge of English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to adapt and integrate rapidly;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Autonomous, but also the ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced DEVOPS environment.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams, and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes, and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education, and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We have salaries to motivate you, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets to use them wherever you want and free access to relaxing and fitness room.
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.