Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 400 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
About the role
Being part of the graphics team in Ubisoft Chengdu is exciting! Recently, we have been a key player in building the rendering pipeline on Switch platform and graphics optimization for “Immortals Fenyx Rising”. Join us, you will have the privilege to access all the original code of our famous in-house game engine Anvil, which we used to co-developed AAA game titles such as “Assassin's Creed” series and “Skull & Bone”, as well as Snowdrop engine used to develop many notable games by Ubisoft Studios.
Depending on your skills and experience, you will join the team making games ranges from party games such as “Rabbids” or “Roller Champions”, to AAA games like “Assassin's Creed”.
What you will do
- Based on Ubisoft’s in-house game engine, and in cooperation with technical art, responsible for the technical research and development of the graphics rendering pipeline, improve the quality of the game visuals and improve performance;
- Optimize the rendering pipeline and graphics algorithm for console game platforms like PlayStation, Xbox and Switch;
- Analysis of graphics technical difficulties and provide solutions, such as culling optimization;
- Graphics optimization technology: such as checkerboard rendering;
- Provide suggestions and develop corresponding tools for the game development process for debug purpose;
- Pre-research technical solutions such as ray tracing
What you should be equipped with
- Excellent foundation knowledge of Computer Science & Software Engineering
- Experienced in 3D graphics programming, game project preferred
- Understanding of any 3D game engine graphics part architecture and HAL(hardware abstract layer) implementation
- Familiar with CPU, GPU architecture and related development technology
- Multi-thread programming
- Familiar with C++, have solid programming skills and good coding standard, good mathematical foundation and knowledge of graphics algorithms
- Master at least one shader language (GLSL or HLSL)
- Familiar with performance and memory optimization
- Good written English to interact with a multi-culture work environment
- Experience in console game development
- Project and people management experience