Graphics Programmer - PES [Snowdrop] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop and Ubisoft Connect.
The Snowdrop engine is efficient and flexible, enabling relatively small teams to create ambitious AAA games. At the core of the Snowdrop engine, we want to empower the developers.
When using Snowdrop, the artists, the designers and the animators have full power and control over the engine to achieve their ideas and vision. Snowdrop is a dynamic and interconnected system, which makes it intuitive and very easy to use.
The Snowdrop engine, with its flexible and empowering tools, has helped develop a number of Ubisoft titles such as The Division, The Settlers, and South Park.
What You'll do
As our new Graphics Programmer you will be working in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable graphics functionalities that bring Snowdrop and its various titles to an even higher visual and performance standard
- Develop procedural generation modules for our procedural environmental systems (PES)
- Further development of our existing Snowdrop 3D-Engine in context of a AAA game
- Improve the terrain and landscape rendering module
- Enhance global illumination rendering and do general performance analysis and optimization on the graphics level
- Collaborate with Programmers, Designers and other game teams
What you bring
- Strong skills in C++
- Very good knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of graphics programming
- Knowledge of pixel- and compute-shader programming
- Ability & desire to work as a team player
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Ability to collaborate with artists on graphics techniques
- Knowledgeable in a variety of special FX techniques and the latest rendering algorithms
- Excellent communication and good English skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant experience
What we Bring
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare