As our Generalist Programmer, you are the Swiss Army knife of the studio. You support wherever needed, able to adapt to any programming challenge thrown at the studio. HLSL, Python, and solid math skills — your list of expertise seems to go on forever. You can write graphics, physics, and networking code and you’re comfortable anywhere in the chain, from the bare metal to the cloud.
- Challenge yourself with varied and complex programming challenges
- Learn new technologies and figure out how to integrate them in our content workflows
- Build and enhance systems to support our technology and tools
- Propose new technologies to improve video game production pipelines
- Reverse engineer anything that isn’t engineered in the right direction
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge - you love R&D and learning the latest technologies. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. You care about the performance, readability and maintainability of both your code and the build tools. Besides the above, we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with C#/C++ languages
- Optimization and debugging skills
- Experience in refactoring, object-oriented, and/or ECS design
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina.