As a Generalist Programmer at Ubi Sherbrooke, you know you’ve done great work when the tools you’ve created are stable, up and running and effective for members of the production team.
You develop systems on a particularly large spectrum, from game engines to game editors, or any middleware used in production. You might also work on a specific system (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) for a mandate or depending on your team’s size and needs.
Your role is central to the health of a project as you nurture the systems that are the foundation of a game. You make it possible for content production teams to focus on creating the most fun and enriching experiences for our players.
What you'll do
- Develop generic systems to support the functionalities of the specialist programmers (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) and ensure their proper integration with other systems (engine, editor or middleware)
- Support the production team by making sure their tools are stable and effective
- Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets.
- Debug and optimize already existing systems.
- Document your work to ensure knowledge transfer and help users understand the new systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience.
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness, that push you to go talk to people.
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is set to open its doors in 2022.
In the heart of Sherbrooke, this new studio will be composed of multidisciplinary teams dedicated to developing iconic franchises that engage millions worldwide.
We're looking for passionate creators who want to make exceptional games and deliver memorable experiences to our players. Joining Ubi Sherbrooke means playing a major role in the video game industry. It represents contributing to advancing Ubisoft's tech and shaping the economic and social landscape of the Eastern Townships. These are local efforts with positive, far-reaching impacts!
The world of work is changing. And so are we. Our universal vacation time, hybrid and flexible work, competitive benefits, and host of learning opportunities will allow you to reach your full potential. Here, work-life balance is at the core of our day-to-day.
At the Sherbrooke studio, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with an array of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Our desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve will contribute to the innovation and boundary-pushing that will result in our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.