Ubisoft Barcelona, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. Our goal is to bring outstanding experiences to our players around the world. Our passion is innovation and using cutting-edge technology to deliver the unexpected.
Our teams are behind memorable AAA titles such as “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Beyond Good & Evil 2”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla” … etc.
As a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Barcelona, you will join the team responsible for several gameplay features on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and continue their mission to develop exciting, challenging and forward-thinking features for an upcoming AAA title.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Implement and maintain gameplay features and systems aligned with game designers.
- Identify and define technical solutions for various gameplay features following design documentation.
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet minimum requirements and matches project’s code style.
- Produce efficient code and participate in code reviews.
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other disciplines, development testers or you and your peers.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object-oriented development.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Very good expertise of the software development environment and associated tools (i.e. Visual Studio, Perforce, etc.
- Ability to introduce, mantain and tweak gameplay data needed for developing any game system, by using the tools created for that purpose
- Proven ability to debug bugs of a reasonable complexity
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
- Monthly Restaurant tickets.
- Preferential price for medical insurance.
- Sports / activities deal.
- Access to transport tax deductions.
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC).
- Discount for Ubisoft console games.
- Fresh fruits / drinks.
- Friday Morning Breakfast.
- Friday afternoon free.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building events.
- Assistance for opening Bank account.
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review.
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax).