Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Join us and shape the future of entertainment. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft San Francisco is looking for you to join us as our new Game Director!
You bring five-plus years of experience to the table, have shipped AAA products as either a game design lead or a game director, and you are ready to share that experience with a team of designers; you’re a mentor, a guide, and a leader among your team.
You know how to communicate big ideas to executives, team members, and partner studios; you can succinctly summarize the detail of design, using it to inspire those around you and motivate your team.
You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. You are an expert on the video game industry and its evolution, aware of design trends and equipped to lead your team through the fog of player feedback and live game data; you’re relentless in your pursuit of fun and attempt to capture it in every aspect of what you do.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to create vision that is innovative, strong, fitting with IP, and feasible for the team
- Follow through and ensure that the project vision is reflected in all stages of design and implementation
- Inspire and energize the team, utilizing pillars, research, and references to lead them towards creative success and evolving careers
- Guide and support the game design team, defining the methods and strategies appropriate to the project and championing them
- Demonstrate pragmatism, weighing ideal solutions against the realities of a live product and steering the project through each release
- Collaborate with other Ubisoft studios and other creative disciplines
- Nurture a team of 10-15 people to grow as designers
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum 5+ years of leadership experience in video game design and production
- Expertise in using player data and feedback to evolve a product
- Must have shipped AAA console games
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers.