The Ubisoft Bucharest studio is looking for an Environment Artist to join our ambitious Production team.
An Environment Artist at Ubisoft takes part in creating the vast Open Worlds in which our games take place. Building Open World Games brings forth challenges, and the ideal candidate is experienced in modeling & texturing, as well as in level art & lighting. The Environment Artist we are looking for should have a strong understanding of composition and architecture principles in order to create esthetic, functional and immersive locations.
You are a click away to JOIN a passionate team with an excellent artistic & technical knowledge, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games that stand out for their quality.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Create environments in tight collaboration with Level Designers;
- Determine the objects and layout compositions required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay;
- Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction;
- Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine;
- Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary;
- Understand and apply graphic principles;
- Use artistic references to improve visuals;
- Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines;
- Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback
Based on your responsibilities, we are looking for the following skill set:
- Experience in 3D modelling (high poly & low poly) alongside 2D graphic skills
- Experience with 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Z-Brush, Photoshop etc.
- Good notion of composition rules, proportions and a good eye for the detail;
- Very good communication skills;
- Curiosity and a strong interest in the video game industry;
- Team player, building good relationships and proactive;
- Easily adaptable, able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software;
- Creative, with high standards;
- Responsible and resourceful;
- Efficient and hardworking;
- Positive attitude;
- Good knowledge of English.
Abilities that will make you shine:
- Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors is a plus;
- Knowledge of other 2D-3D software is considered a plus;
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry is considered a plus;
- Leadership skills are considered a plus.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.