Who you are
As the Dev Tester, you protect the quality of our build. You collaborate closely with the developers during all stages of game development, providing qualitative feedback as well as testing and monitoring feature implementation. You hunt and report bugs and verify fixes, making sure no character ever renders with their head inside out.
What you’ll do
- Work effectively to complete all assigned development testing tasks: test plan completion, feedback on features, investigative tasks, ad hoc testing
- Examine testing results and submit reports to the development teams
- Work closely with assigned game and tools teams to identify areas to test and construct relevant test cases
- Identify and communicate risks related to the quality of the game
- Follow up on and verify correction of bugs
- Ensure all issues are recorded in an efficient, complete, and informative manner
What you bring
You have a skilled eye for spotting essential details and the patience to locate hard-to-find bugs. You can work autonomously and bring great communication and collaboration skills to the team. Besides the above we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- One year of experience in quality control in the video game or software industry, or other relevant training or experience
- Knowledge of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes, and procedures
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Sheena!
This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.