Data Developer (DNA)
As a Data Developer within Ubi MTL’s DNA team, you’ll turn large volumes of data into organized, insightful information to be acted upon.
More specifically, you’ll focus on a key part of our big data pipeline process: cleaning up raw data and preparing it to be visualized and analyzed.
What you’ll do
In a SCRUM/agile environment:
- Work closely with analysts across our studios, assessing which metrics matter most to provide them with useful analytic content.
- Gather, process, and structure disparate data + create metrics accessible via APIs for end users.
- Integrate datasets into dashboards and analytics platforms and products.
- Collaborate on decisions around the use of new tools and processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve data quality.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements to help develop our best practices.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 3 years of data engineering experience (or related experience)
- Experience working with big data technologies (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, etc.)
- Understanding of microservices architecture and REST APIs
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and paradigms (e.g. Scala)
- Solid critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- Motivation to make complex information accessible (and understandable) to all
- Willingness to get out of your comfort zone + continuously learn and try new things
+ Knowledge of Kubernetes, cloud-native big data solutions (e.g. AWS), and Kafka Streams, an asset
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
DNA: developing and managing data services and tools
The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
- real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
- an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.