You will be interacting with different QC and non-QC managers to understand their needs in terms of data analytics, building metrics, reports and dashboards, find knowledge from the available data, identify processes inefficiencies and present the insights or assumptions resulted from data to those managers.
- Work alongside managers within the QC department to understand the particularities of the day-to-day activity and to define the actions of the QC data analytics strategy, based on the QC standards
- Develop and implement new metrics, measure the evolution of the actions from the QC strategy and monitor the performance within the QC Department (quantitative and qualitative), at the team and individual levels
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns by monitoring the available metrics
- Analyze the causality relation between the activity of the team (day-to-day work, general processes, team size, split of test cases and game areas) and the team efficiency
- Convey the results of these analyses via different reporting tools, highlighting the most relevant information in an easy to understand and approachable manner
- Work with the QC automation engineers to develop metrics that will quantify the efficiency of the automation frameworks on the projects they are used for
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written)
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical tools for analyzing datasets
- Experience with report creation for different categories of stakeholders
- Experience in working with high volumes of data
- Technical expertise regarding data models and data mining
- 2 years in a data analyst role
Nice to have:
- Microstrategy or Tableau knowledge
- Python or R knowledge
- Experience in the video game industry
How we would like our colleague to be:
- Organized and process oriented
- Have excellent analytical skills and are accountable for your actions
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world.
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers' products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees.
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your education and skills